Udemy – Dissecting Ruby On Rails 5 – Become A Professional Developer – Available Now !!!
Sale Page: udemy
Original Price: 194
You just pay: $16
What you’ll learn
- Build a professional Rails application.
Deploying a Rails application along with the ActionCable web socket feature to Heroku.
- Build a Rails 5 application that utilizes multiple layouts.
- Build jQuery and CoffeeScript components that can be utilized by the Rails application.
- You should have basic computer skills
Through the years I’ve constantly heard the same question from students: “I can follow a tutorial, but I don’t feel confident enough to build apps/features from scratch”.
This course is my answer to that question. I’m not satisfied in simply teaching you how to build an application, my goal is to teach you to understand how to build professional web applications, not to simply follow a tutorial.
This is the most comprehensive course I’ve ever put together and combines my 14+ years of development experience.
I took a completely different approach in building this course. This course is unique for a number of reasons:
- Curriculum – After completing the initial course outline I sent it out to a group of CTOs and Senior Rails developers from around the world. I asked them to go through the list of features and add the full set of skills they look for when hiring Rails devs. The course outline literally doubled based on their input
- Deep Dives – Going through tutorials is great. However, many times courses that simply walk through the build out of a project skip over important concepts.
- Full Stack – Many courses promise to teach you how to become a full stack developer, but most of them simply gloss over the concepts that you need in order to build truly professional applications. This course was built to walk you through a real world approach to full stack coding.
- Immersive – This is not a light and easy course that you can go through in a weekend. This course was designed specifically for coding bootcamp students that have the goal of becoming professional developers.
So with all that being said, let’s talk about everything that we’re going to build throughout the guides.
We’re going to build a feature rich portfolio application that you can actually use for your own portfolio (I’m even using it for my own portfolio).
Let’s walk through the full feature set of what the application will include:
- Building out a professional Rails environment (if you’re on a PC I even built a free C9 dashboard that you can use for this course).
- We’ll utilize Pivotal tracker to follow SCRUM project management best practices throughout the build of this application, just like you’ll do in a professional dev shop.
- Examine how to work with Rails generators, including how to customize the generators so that you can have your very own scaffolds.
- Work with data flow in Rails.
- Manage a database. You’ll learn advanced SQL techniques for working with data in a Rails application, including how to manage data relationships between tables along with what it takes to implement efficient queries
In addition to the lectures, I also include the source code for each guide so that you can always have access to the full codebase for the application.
I look forward to going through this immersive program with you and good luck with the coding!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for someone who wants to learn how to build professional grade Ruby on Rails applications
This course is for developers that want to learn advanced features specific to the Ruby on Rails version 5 framework, such as ActionCable
Proof of product: Please kindly contact us if you need proof of item.